Holly Hill Farm (Cohasset, MA) - Program Registration
Skip to nav
Conservation & Stewardship - Teen Volunteer Program - FALL 2022
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Holly Hill Farm is located on 5.23 acres and adjacent to privately-owned, stunning conservation land. This land is not owned by the farm, but has been placed into a conservation trust by the White family. It features diverse habitat for migrating songbirds, hawks and owls, grey and red foxes, fisher cats, and other wildlife.
This land is also home to one of the South Shore's best remaining stands of spring ephemeral wildflowers and other native plants that are disappearing elsewhere in our region.
Teens involved in this program help to remove invasive plants that threaten our land and this critical conservation land, the wildlife that depend upon it, and to aid in the reintroduction of native plants.
They work in a completely hands-on way to help increase biodiversity in this important refuge. It's hard work, but extremely important and fulfilling especially given the pace of development in our region in recent years.
Projects include helping to clear invasive species from the land, planting native plants and using citizen science apps to help protect wildlife, birds and insects. Plus we are in the midst of creating a native meadow and the help from our teens will help make this big project a reality!
Fall 2022 Schedule
Fridays from 3:30-5:00.
Sign up for one or many days!
Suggested Donation $50-250/student to offset the operational costs of running and to support Friends of Holly Hill Farm's Conservation & Stewardship Program
Donation is not required to participate.
Friends of Holly Hill Farm is a 5013 c3 non-profit charitable organization that relies on contributions from our community. Your contribution will help us continue our work of removing invasive species, restoring native plantings, supporting native birds, insects, pollinators and wildlife. Preserving this precious peaceful land for years to come.
INSTRUCTIONS - PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING:
1. Set up a family account (If you are new to this system. Otherwise log in using your username and password)
2. Add all family members who will be participating
3. Select the Conservation Stewardship date(s) you want
4. Make sure to upload your teen's physician's letter, and answer our 5 questions required Medical Form.
5. After registering at check out you will be prompted to complete one last step: "This activity requires a non-waitlist registration for DONATION: Conservation Stewardship ."
6. Hit click to purchase.
7. Select "DONATION: Conservation Stewardship"
8. Make sure the 'member name' is the same as the name of the person registered for the program.
9. Enter your donation amount. (if no donation indicate that with a $0.00)
10. Complete registration
Registration questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific volunteering questions can be directed to email@example.com