We believe that everyone deserves fresh and healthy food! The Farm-to-Food Pantry program (F2FTP) at Holly Hill Farm aims to change that via teen volunteers who plant, grow and deliver organic vegetables and herbs to local food pantries. Last year, we donated over 2,000 pounds of produce to these pantries!
The program enables students to fulfill school-mandated community service hours with hands-on work on the farm. Volunteers participate in every aspect of the project, from seed to harvest.
High school students participate during the growing season, starting with building beds and planting seeds in the Spring straight through to harvesting and putting the gardens to bed in Fall. They tend gardens at the farm and at community 'food pantry gardens.' Activities include planting, composting, cultivating, harvesting, cleaning and prepping vegetables, and finally, delivering the organic produce to three grateful food pantries.
Fall 2022 Schedule:
Sign up for one or many days!
Suggested Donation of $50-$250 per student to dray the costs to operate our F2FP Program
(A donation is not required to register.)
Friends of Holly Hill Farm is a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization that relies on contributions from our community. Your contribution will support our growing, harvesting, education, preparation, coordination with food pantries, food transportation costs, garden maintenance and care and more.
A note about how to register: Please read before registering
1. Set up a family account (if first time user of this site. Otherwise you will login)
2. Add all family members that are part of your household who you will be registering for a program
3. Select the Farm to Food Pantry Program date(s) you want
4. Make sure to upload your teen's physician's letter, and complete required 5 question Medical Form - otherwise you won't be able to check out.
5. After registering at check out you will be prompted to follow one last step. See the note "This activity requires a non-waitlist registration for FARM-to-FOOD PANTRY- DONATIONS.
6. Hit click to purchase. (You must do this to finish registration.)
7. Select Farm to Food Pantry - DONATION
8. Make sure the member selected is the same name as the person registered for the program, otherwise you won't be able to check out.
9. Enter your donation amount. Suggested donation of $50-250/student. (If you prefer not to make a donation, you can indicate that with a $0.00)
10. Complete registration
Questions about volunteering? firstname.lastname@example.orgQuestions about REGISTRATION? email@example.com